Friday, May 15, 2009

The Time Has Come Today!!

So how awesome will today be?! "21st Century Breakdown" comes out TODAY!! I am so uber excited!!! I've seriously been waiting forever- like four years just about. It's really going to be a great day, aside from the fact that I have a horrible unwillingness to do anything in school. Projects and Prom abound... ugh. But I am so happy that today marks the day in which the best album ever comes out. :D I think I'm taking a shot on that fact, but oh well. At this point, whatever is on the album will be sweet. I don't care if it's just a guitar playing for like a minute- at least I'll have something. (Although that would be disappointing. Please don't be like that). Ha. I Can't wait!! The coolest thing is that the band will be touring again, which means that I'll have the opportunity to see them when they come to town.... Sweet. However, the only thing that could possibly suck about going to see them would be the fact that I'm really short compared to everyone else and...yeah. I'd get pancaked in the mosh pit, like seriously. But it's really cool to know that the album- all EIGHTEEN tracks of it- complete with artwork and lyrics and all that.... will be MINE. Finally. I don't even really care that I'll be graduating in a month; Green Day seems to take center stage for me in my mind. Ha.Of course there is going to be some idiots out there who decide that they hate the album and will proceed to trash it, just because it's much more...imaginative than their previous ones. Well, that won't bother me too much, because I won't really care about that. If people want to be dumb and narrow-minded, that is completely up to them. :) Now if someone dares to call them sellouts, however...
....that's a story for a different day....
Peace. And I'm off to buy the thing!! Oh Happy Day! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it lived up to your expectations! Knowing them, I'm SURE it did!! :D

Anonymous said...

San Francisco's own The Frail has made waves throughout the electronic music scene and has most recently taken on the Green Day scene with their own cover of 21 Guns. The song has already picked up some light radio play at Green Day's local Rock station Live 105.3 listen to it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTyEfFgOewg