Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!!!

Today is a very historical day. Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States! I have to say that I'm very patriotic today! I watched both the Vice President and Obama be sworn in. It was all very cool. I've never really paid much attention to days like today. I think part of the reason was because I was younger and politics didn't really catch my attention yet. At any rate, I'm very glad that I watched it today. There was a lot of silly stuff of course; that's what the media likes to do with things like this.... But under that fluff there was something really important and meaningful.
I thought that Obama's speech was terrific. He addressed the problems we faced in this country, but instead of bringing us down with all that, he lifted our spirits. He reminded us what a great nation we truly are, and of the values that we all share. He believes that we are indeed all created equal and that we can overcome our differences to succeed. The whole speech was very moving, and there were tears in my eyes. At the end, I was crying a little, though I tried to hide that from those around me. I hope we can do everything he mentioned, and that we can do it together.
I am very proud to be an American today, and I hope my fellow peers are, too. No matter your politics, you have to agree that today was very historical and symbolic of change to come.
I certainly won't forget it.

2 comments:

Agent J said...

You are still blogging! I'm so proud!

Fawning Parasite said...

We're now a part of history. Isn't that scary? :)