Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All the World's a Stage for Disappointment

Okay, so...Now that you've read my promising title, I thought I'd explain. I was never a huge advocate of 'Going Green.' But, recently-today actually- I discovered that the Bush Administration is going behind our backs to sell land in a NATIONAL PARK for that scudsy stuff called oil. It's a bit ridiculous if you ask me. In fact, I'm pretty pissed about it. The land is going to oil and gas companies, and it's not like they need it. Everyone whines about not having enough oil and all this other crap, but in reality, I'm sure we have PLENTY left over. Yes, I agree we should look for alternative energies, but we have oil left. Just look at how much the stupid oil companies have made in the last year. Exxon Mobile was right the top, followed by another oil company and I dunno...Google or something. It's this kind of blatant arrogance I can't stand!!! It's almost like they think the American people are too stupid to realize what's going on. God- it makes me grind my teeth, this kind of thing.
It's the fact that they're auctioning off land in the Utah National Park. They're just giving it away to the highest bidder without even stopping to think about what it all means. What else can this administration do to us before we boot their worthless butts out of the White House?!!!!! (Boy, did I want to use a swear so bad...) It seriously makes me soooo freaking mad! This first came to my attention-and I know how stupid this sounds- off of the Myspace of NDRC+Green Day. Go ahead and roll your eyes, but this is serious business. The administration didn't even ask permission until just recently, after everything was already set in motion. God- Isn't it sickening? Doesn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth? Is anyone else pissed off about this?!!!
Most of my information came from a letter written to NRDC's website by Robert Redford. He makes some pretty good points as to why we shouldn't let this happen. He requests that we should all send in letters protesting the move, and I'm seriously thinking about doing it.
If anyone's interested, here's the link: http://www.nrdconline.org/campaign/stop_wilderness_giveaway_nsb
The auction is on December 19th, and that scares the hell out of me. I don't know if my letter will make it in time.... I hope it does.
This needs to stop.

3 comments:

Benmanship said...

Now I must show you a funny children's story in my MAD magazine that describes to children what the Bush Admin. did to America represented by Little George and a giving tree.

Anonymous said...

I understand. Sucks no? And the best part about all of it? There's not much we can do. I mean yeah, we can yell and moan and complain and protest but without thousands or millions of supporters, the government won't listen. The gas companies won't listen. And so in the end, the land is sold. And it sucks like no other. Almost makes me want to be a politican so I can at least have some say and try and stop things. They say America is the land where the people are heard. Well this obviously is an example of how that's not true.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. but, realistically, even if the american public did know, most probably wouldn't do anything. Unless the individual person gets benefits from their "good deed", no one wll budge. Old time value are extremely rre to find! There is a shortage of good samaritins. But, it's not overly shocking that they did this behind our backs. To be honest, the land is probably as a good as bought. And are just now telling us, "Oh, by the way you didn't mind that we bought this so as to puck an extra dollar in our pockets?" And that swhat comes down to, money and greed. That is what runs this country... Truly.