Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Sammy Was a Punk Rocker

Another picture crusade led me to find this. It was on Flickr.com, after I searched 'mohawk.' I love images with punks in them, mainly because I like how they look almost like dreams in real life. In other words, they just look so different from the rest of the people, that they automatically stand out- they almost look like cartoons that came to life. I always loved the punk style, because it was so outlandish in most cases; mohawks are often a stereotype, but if someone has one, it brings this 'don't mess with me vibe' that many obey. I don't picture too many mohawk-sporting guys toting babies, do you? This particular picture struck me as different from all the rest. It's at once intimate and out-of-ordinary. The caption of this picture had said that the photographer had taken it at Disney World. How funny is that? I love it. To me, it's a great image, just because it humanizes a group that would otherwise sneer at something so sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love picture crusades!!! It is amazing what one could find in such a quest. Even though i'm not a punk fan, I can parallel the feeling you describe. Viewing, at a different angle, a group that would otherwise be looked at differently.Showing we're all humans.Just others choose to look more abnormal than the rest (LOL).

Anonymous said...

Hola chica! Como estas? :) Love the picture, isn't it so much fun to just go around and try and find pretty pictures??