Friday, December 5, 2008

Scattered Pictures

I love to collect pictures. It's this weird little thing I do. I'm not exactly sure why I do it, but I love looking at all these images and imagining what it was like for the photographer, or what meaning it has behind it. I like to look at pictures and wonder what was going on at the time; what was it that made the photographer take the picture. Sometimes I put the pictures in my scrapbook, sometimes I use them as my desktop, sometimes I just like to look for stuff. My favorite ones are music ones and some of the ones from World War Two actually look pretty cool. The above picture is one of my faves; the guitarist looks so tiny compared to his audience. The one at the bottom is also a fave. I love the way he was captured and everything. I tend to favor black and white pictures too, just because of how dramatic and 'gentle' they tend to look. I'm not saying that color pictures can never be like that, but black and white has a more classic feel to it than most modern pictures. The image at right comes from World War Two, and I thought it was a good way to show what was going on during those times. The kids had to fight the war as much as the men did, and here they are just acting like they should. I thought the photographer captured them in a good way. You may not look at pictures the same way I do, but that's okay. Whatever. It's what I like to do....








No comments: