Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Over!!

Today I am happy to report that we now have a new man in the White House!!! Yes! It's so relieving to be both rid of all the Election coverage and to have a new president. Last night, I was happy to see that Barack Obama was leading in electoral votes against John McCain. I did not actually hear the announcement of his presidency; I was getting really tired and decided just to go to bed. Although, once I saw that Obama had won Ohio, I knew which way the Election was going to go; his winning California only sealed the deal (sorry Arnold. There's always next time). Yay! I really couldn't be happier that Obama is our 44th president! My family decided to play a cruel joke on me and tell me that something happened all the sudden and that McCain won instead. I am still a bit upset with all of them...
At any rate, I'm glad the Election is finally over and that we will have a new man in the White House come January. Now it's only a countdown to Bush's last day...
It helps that my candidate won! And again, I couldn't be happier. My excitement is not as strong as it was this morning, but I'm definitely optimistic about the future. I'll have to watch a few speeches and stuff, as well as see what Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have to say about all this (their opinion is important, too) :) I'm so proud of my state and everyone who voted. THANK YOU, no matter who you voted for! This is certainly the most important Election of my life time, and all I want to say is this:
Bring on January, man! We're ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad its over too. WHEW! now we can stop sweaing, and start planning. I watched the elections till around 11:30pm. I saw obamas election, and MCCains speech. I wanted to see obamas, but wasn't wanting to wait till 12am, and still go to school. I just was too unsure to stay up later. But, once obama won Ohio, i knew it was over. I just wanted to see it be official. I can't help but feel a little sorry mccain. He was a worthy opponet. And was honorable in his defeat. He told his supporters not to degrade obama, but it was their duty as americans to follow him. But, we're all humans, and so are they.But, i just hope gas prices go down, and i can finally get an availible job! LOL.

Madaline! said...

I'm really, really glad that you can relate with me. Like I told Kelly, I'm happy I'm not the only one who argues with my dad about that kind of stuff. He always makes me feel bad, like I can't have my own opinion. Gr. At any rate, your work is really good and I like that you keep up with it and blog often!