Thursday, November 20, 2008

Shoes

I haven't really been writing much, and I apologize. This week has been busy for me. It seems like we're being called upon to do a lot more homework this week... must be the Thanksgiving break coming up.
Anyway, I feel the need to write about shoes. I'm not really sure why, either...I'm just going through a 'shoe' phase right now. That in itself is strange for me. I'm not really a freak about shoes, but I certainly don't mind trying them on and looking for new ones. I always feel stupid about it, too.... It's like, 'what are you thinking about shoes for?' It's not really like me to want something so material (unless it be music-related). But I really think shoes are pretty cool. There's just something about wearing the perfect pair of shoes.... I think they're kind of empowering. If I'm wearing the right shoes, my attitude changes. I get this feeling, almost like 'I can take on anything' vibe - if I'm wearing the right shoes. The uncomfortable ones bring about feelings of frustration and being disgruntled. I'll stare at my feet and will a better pair of shoes to suddenly appear on them. Sometimes shoes can ruin a day or make it.
I've also developed a liking for certain shoes. It's so weird that something so simple can make me all confident and stuff! I love, love, love Converse All-stars. I finally managed to get my hands on a pair of real ones and I love them. I can't wait to break 'em in and wear them until holes appear on the sides.... I don't have high-tops, though! I've ALWAYS wanted a pair of those. I can thank the Ramones for that....
I'm also partial to shoes called 'brothel creepers.' People call them 'creepers' now, but I'll always know them by their original name. I might be one of few who really like these stupid shoes. They're kind of like, 'short punk dude' shoes. They make you taller, which is exactly what I need!! Yay! My fave is black right now, although I like the white ones with the little black squares on the top. The brand is Tuks or something, but who cares. They'll always be brothel creepers. I guess I just have a thing for retro stuff....Where the heck do you find a pair....?
My favorite shoes I own now, though, have to be my beaten-to-crap pair of Converse look-alikes. (Yes, I know it's cheating). They take the fave position because I've had them since the 8th grade and I love them. They're so comfortable and worn; I'll be needing glue for them soon. They've been with me for concerts, school, my senior pics, just about anywhere I go. Not to mention, my 'lucky' safety pin is stuck in the laces on the right shoe. Nobody has my shoes like I do, and I love the individuality of that... So... I just seriously wrote an entry on shoes. Go me.
But I'm sure there are people out there who know exactly what I'm talking about.... :)

1 comment:

bekka said...

loveeeee shoes. like an obsession. I just got a new pair of tennis shoes I'm super excited about. =)