Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Quote to Live By...

Let's see... A quote I live by or follow... Well, I certainly like quotes. I have a lot of them. I do this weird thing- if I don't have anything to do or whatever, I'll collect quotes. I have several of them, but can I pick one that I would live by? If I had to choose, it would probably be: "Gonna scrape the trouble off my boots." This one's another Joe Strummer quote, but I do think the guy has quite a way with words. I like this because of the metaphor; the trouble is viewed as something so insignificant that it can just be scraped off your boot like mud. I like that outlook. Don't get so worked up about something so stupid or unimportant. Sometimes I wish that I could definitely get rid of my troubles in that way. I would live by this quote because the way I interpret it, is that there are more important things in life than worrying about the little insignificant things that don't matter. They might preoccupy your mind and worry you, but what you should do is just scrap them off your boots and stomp on them. I'd do something like that...
Another one of my favorites is "Lead, follow or get out of the way." This was said by General George S. Patton, a great figure in history. I like how he's brutally honest with this quote. Don't stand there and be all indecisive, just do something! I could live by that one, too...
Just for fun, I have other favorites:
"When someone asks you, A penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?" -George Carlin.
"I believe in individuality, being yourself, and to hell with what anybody else thinks about you."- Billie Joe Armstrong. (I could live by this one, too).
"An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough." -Stephen Colbert. ;)

That is all I have for right now. I'd love to hear some other ones! ...I guess all of these quotes I could live by in some way...even the crazy ones....

No comments: