Monday, November 3, 2008

My First Movie Post....


Okay, so... I'm a big movie fan. I love, love, love them. They are a welcome relief when I find myself at a boring time or a frustrating time when I just need to get away from reality. My favorite genres of movies reach leaps and bounds, but I'd have to say my faves include, Comedy, Action, War, and I LOVE old movies. Anything with Steve McQueen in it I will watch. Or James Dean, too. Movies that come from the sixties, seventies and eighties are all good with me. I do have a love for war movies, mainly because of the action, the visuals and the themes that become present when I watch them. "Saving Private Ryan" is my favorite war movie, just because of the sheer intensity of the film itself. Not only that, but the characters drew me into the story and I'm amazed at how well the movie was performed.
Anyway, before I go off on that tangent, I have to say that this particular movie looks interesting. The title is "Valkyrie." It has to do with World War Two, which automatically gets my attention, and it has to do with a particularly important part of history. I really had mixed feelings about this movie after learning Tom Cruise was going to play the German Colonel who carries out an assassination attempt on Hitler. Tom Cruise kinda annoys the crap out of me. He always plays, like, himself in a movie. Rarely is there a time when I forget that he's Tom Cruise. This happened during "War of the Worlds," "Collateral," "Mission Impossible" (although that was a close one), and a couple others. So, naturally, I had stupid thoughts running through my head, especially when I thought about Cruise with a German accent. I kept picturing it so phony and laughable!! Hee hee! But I actually did some research on it and watched a couple trailers. Guess what? It actually looks pretty dang good. A bit creepy, too. But whatever.
I think that I can forget that Tom Cruise is in this movie....Now, if I can just wrangle someone up to go and see it with me..... Here's the trailer. See what you think: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1785856025/
*Yes, I wrote about a movie. Yes, I took up space. Yes...I am a dork.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know your right. Whenever you see an action movie with tom cruis he's always the hero who is like superman. He saves the day!!! yeah right. he cannot always save everyone, no, matter what the extremes. And never get hurt, always perfectly well. Superhuman. They make it seem like the only thing that can kill him, is kryptonite!!